The Care Leavers’ Association Website
Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to our website. We aim to keep it as a safe place for care leavers to talk about their care experiences and exchange views with each other in a tolerant, respectful and enjoyable way. That is why we need rules to help us to make sure that such discussions go well. We may change these rules from time to time, so do come back regularly to check. In using this site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Your registration obligations:
By registering with the website, you agree to:
- Provide honest and up-to-date information about yourself when you register;
- Keep your personal details up-to-date.
- Keep your messages or other contributions civilised and relevant. Make sure you maintain respect for other people on the site and for the administrators.
- Use only one account to access the site. We will suspend users who create multiple accounts.
You also agree that you are over the age of 16 and that you understand that the Care Leavers’ Association is responsible for the content of the website and reserves the right to remove anything that may lead to legal prosecution.
You agree that you will not use the website to
- Attack or ‘flame’ people individually;
- Upload, post or email any content that is unlawful, libellous, tortuous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise discriminatory material;
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your goals;
- ‘stalk’ or otherwise harass another;
- collect or store personal data about other website users, either for personal use or for research purposes;
- Publish email addresses, phone numbers or other personal contact information;
- Allow other people to post information using your account;
- Post messages advertising commercial products or services,
- Participate in behaviour with the intent to cause damage to the CLA or its website.
- Post links to external websites which are not relevant to the CLA;
- Upload, post, or email any content that you do not have a right to transmit under law or that infringes the intellectual property rights of someone else;
- violate any applicable national or international laws or regulations.
By using our website, you accept that we do not pre-screen most content but we have the right to remove, edit, move or close any content which breaches our terms and conditions. Also, you acknowledge that we have the right to do so, including deletion of a user’s account (whether temporarily or permanently), without prior notice.
The Care Leavers’ Association reserves the right to moderate all forums, networks and postings on the website. In the spirit of openness, there must be no closed networks on the Care Leavers’ Reunited website.
Information copyrighted or owned by anyone other than the member should not be posted without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible.
Breaches that we decide are minor may result simply in a receipt of a warning. On the other hand, serious breaches may result in an automatic ban from our site in general. Any breaches may also lead to us reporting your activities to your internet service provider, relevant authorities, or to legal action being taken against you, or both.
The CLA does not certify, endorse or verify contributions from any non-Executive member or non-staff member. Nor is it responsible for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any non-Executive member or non-staff member posting to our website.
We will not disclose any of your personal information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when the law requires it. We may pass your personal information to our employees, and/or web administrators to administer the web services provided to you by us now or in the future. We do not pass or sell your personal information for any other purposes than those set out above. Also, the accuracy of your individual information is important to the CLA. If any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us
Agreed by the Care Leavers’ Association Executive Committee on 13th February 2010