Meetings are open to all care leavers and feel free to bring a friend along with you if you’d feel more comfortable. A typical agenda for a meeting looks like this:
- Tea, coffee & saying hello
- Campaign update
- Stories from my files (a member of the CLA speaks about their experience)
- Top Ten Tips for Accessing Records
- Question & Answer session
- Individual ‘surgery’ sessions – for people to get help with their individual files
We also try to invite someone along to each meeting, to speak and answer questions, who works in access to records, usually with a local authority.
Dates for 2008 are:
- 1st March, Leeds. Venue: West Yorkshire Playhouse, Priestley Room
- 5th April, Bristol. Venue: Bristol YHA, 14 Narrow Quay, Bristol, BS1 4QA
- 10th May, London. Venue: University of London Union, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HY
- 7th June, Glasgow. Venue: Glasgow Youth Hostel
- 12th July, Brighton. Venue: TBC
- 4th October, Newcastle: Venue: TBC
The time of meetings will be 3pm-5pm, unless otherwise stated. All are held on Saturdays.
Further details will be posted closer to the date of each meeting, but if you would like further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0845 308 2755.
For further information about our access to records campaign, click here.